Monday, August 13, 2007

New Toy!

Last week I treated myself to a SPOTLIGHT!! You may ask "Why would you need a spotlight Chris?" well, I'll tell you, I've been really thinking about this for several weeks. It all started at one of my nature programs on frogs where we go for a little hike and try to find frogs in the wild. Well, one of the guys in my group volunteered to bring his spotlight along, and I'll tell you what - it made such a difference!! We could see so much, and so much easier than with a regular ol' flashlight. I was blown away and decided that it could be helpful with plenty of my programs I do at night.
It's rechargeable, which I'm a little leary about, but it even came with a car adapter, so that's pretty cool.
So anytime you want to come on a night hike with me, you can be sure that we'll have plenty of seeing power and we should be able to find some pretty cool things :) Just had to share!


And of course I need to add a side-note: when taking night hikes, it is best to stay in the dark with no light at all so your eyes can adjust, BUT when you're trying to find specific things, like owls, bats, frogs....it's really helpful to have a light to really see it :) so yes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

u tree hugger...hahaha...I love it!!