Thursday, August 23, 2007

Baby Shower

Two weekends ago I went home to help my mom with a baby shower that she was throwing for friends of the family (Scott & Ellen Cocolin). They are expecting their first child, Olivia Rose, in the next couple of days/weeks.
It was a really nice time because I hadn't seen them for so many years. Actually, I had only met Ellen once before. It was a lot of fun and good to catch up with some old friends. Unfortunately Mike wasn't able to make it home. Times like these are when it really stinks not having the same days off. But it does seem to be looking like that could be changing soon!

Scott, Ellen & Linda (Scott's mom)

I made this diaper cake for the shower. This was the second cake that I have ever made. They really aren't that hard to make, and I think that it turned out pretty darn cute.

I also made this bouquet from rolled up baby socks. So adorable!

(Side-note: our camera is still broke!! We finally got it back from the shop and the first time I went to use it, it broke again. So I'm still using my phone for pictures. Thank goodness for cell phone cameras - I'd be so lost without it! Although I'm seriously missing being able to take clear pictures...ho hum)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the diaper cake and the roses what a great idea!! you crafty girl you!