Thursday, August 16, 2007

Fight of the Meds

So Myra is not very happy with this whole medication situation. We're supposed to give her this liquid medicine, orally, twice a day. She HATES it so much! I think today was the first day I could actually get it to work. It stinks though, she'll foam at her mouth, run away and fight us so much. She got a little bit the first try, but then we tried to put it in her food - no luck. The next morning I tried to put it in her milk - still no luck. So I've been trying the best solution I can come up with: quarantine her in the bathroom, wrap her in a towel, stick the syringe in her mouth and just hope for the best. Yesterday I ended up with most of it on my arm. And this morning she refused to come out from under the bed. I just don't know how we can say for sure if it's even helping. I'm supposed to call the vet tomorrow and say how it's working, unfortunately out of the 7 doses she should have had by now, we've only got about 2 down. Oh well. I've actually been talking with this other vet who has come to a couple of my programs this past week. She is suggesting to get it in pill form instead. So maybe I'll try that tomorrow.
So if it turns out that the medicine works, then it's good because it means that it's just allergies, but bad because we'll have to do this medicine bit on a long-term. BUT if it doesn't help, then back to the Doc. and more tests - mo' $ too :( I'm not sure what to wish for. I guess for her to relax and accept that she has to take this stupid medicine. Poor girl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww poor putty tat!! :(

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Chris, since you are so involed in nature and pets and everything do you know anything about careing for Hermit Crabs??