Friday, April 27, 2007

Taughannock Falls State Park

(I'll admit it - I found this photo on-line. It's pretty cool though, wouldn't you say?)

Well, I've had a pretty cool day so far! I had my first interview this morning for an office type position at Taughannock Falls State Park - and I got the job! He offered it to me on the spot and I couldn't resist. My first day is next Thursday and I think that I'm going to enjoy it a lot. I'll be working in the park office, helping customers, taking reservations, and also working at the gates. I know it's not a "dream job" but it's full time and goes into mid-October (the longest I've seen for these seasonal positions that I've applied for.) So I'm happy, I'll get my foot in the door of the parks and not get too stressed out. Then hopefully I can spend more time working on some of my other interests in my free time. It's just nice to know that we aren't going to burn up all our savings and I can stop worrying about finding a job. So good!


We also have a busy weekend ahead. Tonight we're going to another release party for Ithaca Beer Co. Tonight's new beer is called IPAbbey. I'm not real sure how to describe it, but I'm sure that after tonight we'll have some reviews :)
Then we're heading to Lancaster tomorrow for my cousin's wedding. Should be fun to see a lot of relatives. We had missed our Christmas gathering last year, so it's been over a year since we've seen most of them. Good times ahead!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christine,

Congrats on the new job - that's a beautiful place to go to work every day! I've enjoyed your blog & glad that you didn't get a close-up of me in the 'Monkey Suit'.

- Dad Smith