Monday, April 30, 2007

Ithaca's IPAbbey

The new beer from Ithaca is called IPAbbey - and I must say, it's quite good. Here is a description of it:
A Belgo-American Ale brewed with special Canadian Honey Malt, generous additions of Simcoe, Amarillo, and Saaz hops, and an authentic Trappist Ale Yeast. Enjoy the tawny color, thick scent of tropical fruit and flowers, warming flavors of honey and clove, and clean, bitter finish.
Friday night Mike and I ventured downtown to a cool bar called Korova. It's located in "The Commons" which is a 2-block street section only open to pedestrians. It's a fun spot in town with cute shops, great restaurants, and usually some type of entertainment. So we sampled the brew and were happy with it. I personally liked the White Gold from last week a little more, but I do like the sweeter, lighter stuff. I can't say for Mike though. But it was a good time, and then a large group of us headed over to another bar/restaurant called Kilpatrick's for some dinner. There was some live entertainment (actually very good - we need to find their name out). And we were all treated to great food and drinks by Ithaca. Coaster flipping, improv beboxing, and unmentionable lobster parts eating - it was good times for all. I'm looking forward to the next release party - although I don't think it will be until later this summer.

No comments: