Monday, April 16, 2007

Falling Trees - Oh My!!

I swear this will be the last post for the day - but something crazy just happened!! I was sitting at the computer - diligently working on my job search - when I heard this LOUD bang and sort of felt the place shake! I didn't think too much of it but it was even loud enough to wake the cats from their deep sleep. So a few minutes later I took a walk through the house and when I looked out our back porch window, I saw tree parts hanging from our neighbors roof! Our beautiful pine tree had too much snow and couldn't take the weight anymore. You can see it still standing in my last post from this afternoon (the droopy snow-covered pine) in the middle of the pictures. So sad, luckily no one was hurt and it doesn't look like anyone's apartment was damaged. But what's really crazy is that just this morning (only a few hours earlier) I signed up for renter's insurance, which we haven't had for years, but I decided that I wanted it again. How crazy is that!!
Our poor neighbor's porch.

Our poor, poor beautiful pine tree :(

Smacked, all the way down!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love looking at the snow - as long as it is in Ithica and not Lewes, DE

Anonymous said...

Keep up the great work in the communication field. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! it looks so beautiful.
I can't wait to be up there with you guys soon. I'm so glad you both are doing well. I love being able to see pictures of Ithaca.