Tuesday, September 23, 2008

There's a Mouse in the House!

That's right! Yesterday morning we woke up to the cats chasing a mouse around our bedroom. Ahhh, fall. It's funny too because you might not imagine it, but Abner is actually the one who always catches the mice. If you're not aware, Abner has some neurological issues and isn't always the most coordinated cat. So to have him be the one to hone in and catch the mouse is sort of surprising. But for some reason he's able to focus when it comes to hunting and is an awesome mouser. Myra is great at giving moral support :) and is always willing to play with them once they're injured enough.

I was able to get it from Abner before he actually hurt it and trapped him in our critter box. I then dropped it off in a field on my way to work. It was his lucky day for sure!


I've also decided to try a new craft (like I really need more crafts to occupy my time) but this will be a fun one for the house. Have you ever seen paintings done on windows that look like stained glass? Well I've always wanted to try it and decided that it could be nice to have in our dining room. As you can see from the pictures, our dining room is basically surrounded by windows, which is great! But a lot of them weren't sealed good and now have moisture inside of them that cannot be cleaned. The door in the dining room is probably the worse, so I'm thinking of doing a painting on it.

Anyway, I got some paint and did a couple practice runs. It went pretty well and I think I'll be able to do it. Now I just need to come up with a design. Hopefully I'll be able to get it done on my next days off.

You start by making an outline with "lead" paint (I don't think there is really lead in it though) it's like a harder puffy paint. Wait for it to dry (about 8 hours) and then add the color. Once it dries, you can see the light shining through it. You can do it directly onto the glass or onto these sheets of plastic and then peal them off like cling-ons. Very Cool!

And one last thing - our septic system is finally fixed! Mike and two other guys fixed it last Saturday, so we now have both bathrooms functioning again - thank goodness that's over with!

1 comment:

Roxie said...

What a neat idea!!! Looking forward to seeing the finished project!