Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Mike!

September 1st (Labor Day), Mike turned the big 3-0! We were at the lake for his actual birthday and had lots of fun celebrations over the entire weekend.

Bill, Patina, and their son Dylan went to Keuka with Mike on Sunday, and on their way, they stopped at a couple of wineries.

Here's Bill, Dylan & Patina, I think at Bully Hill

The Big "D"

Mike's parents were also at the lake. Mike's mom made his favorite cake (chocolate/peanut butter) and they had some fun gifts for him too. I had to work over the weekend but actually had Monday off so I was able to make it for part of the time.


Betsy, Mike's sis, sent him a bathing suit from Hawaii (she had just been there on a trip) and he promised to use whatever she gave him that day. Good thing we were at the lake and he could go for a quick swim. The weather was sooo beautiful the entire weekend!

A picture of relaxation.....

Mike and I also took a hike at Watkins Glen. Even though we've been here about a year and a half (and I do programs at Watkins almost weekly), Mike had still not hiked the trail. It had probably been about 9 years since he had gone there. So we stopped by on our way back to Ithaca.
Here is Mike under Cascade Falls

Here I am under Rainbow Falls - this is probably my favorite spot in the glen.

The birthday boy above Rainbow Falls

I also got to make a trip to DC the end of August to see my brother and family. It was a fun time and the boys sang Uncle Mike a birday tune:

No comments: