Saturday, November 3, 2007

The Next Chapter

About 2 weeks ago, my parents celebrated both of their retirements and 60th birthdays. It was really nice, we got to be all together, David, Jeannie and family were there and Mike's parents, and a lot of my parent's friends - many whom we hadn't seen for a couple of years. It was really a nice time.
I'm excited for my parents to be beginning this new stage in their lives. I think that they are really going to enjoy their new freedom and grow even more both in their marriage and separate interests. They have both accomplished so much during their careers, raised a fantastic family :), and have made it through so many ups and downs. I think that I can speak for several people when I say that we are so proud of you and so happy for all of your accomplishments. Congratulations and we wish you the best in your future adventures!
And HAPPY BIRTHDAY too! (Dee - March 7 & Lee - October 10)



This is a papercutting that I made for the special occasion. I was pretty happy with how it came out.

We got to spend some quality time with the nephews too. Here is Evan in his Halloween costume that Jeannie made. It was so cute!

Conell trying on the dino hat.


Evan and I found this cat outside my parent's house. It was so sweet, a stray, but so friendly. I wish I could have taken it home, but rules are rules. :( Evan's so silly though - I miss my nephews!

No comments: