Saturday, November 3, 2007

Happy Halloween!

I love Halloween! I feel like I haven't really done too much the last couple of years, but working in an elementary school, I've been thrown right back into it. At school, a few of the teachers and aides that I work with decided to do a Wizard of Oz theme for the school party. We all dressed up towards the end of the day and the school puts on a parade for parents and the high school, which is right next door. I was given the role of the lion, so I decided to make my own costume. It was so much fun! I don't think that I've had the sewing machine out since we've moved, so it was good to get back into it. I got a shirt and pants from good will and then borrowed a wig from my mom. Then I made a main out of material and sewed it to a headband. Then made a neck thing, tail, and wrist and ankle decorations. I was really happy with how it came out.



The teacher that I work with mainly is the Tin Man next to me. She is so nice - all the teachers are really great that I work with.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the costume!! I just watched the wizard of oz last night on tv, it was great!