Saturday, November 3, 2007

Fall in Ithaca

This fall has been really nice so far. The weather has been really nice - warm, sunny days and cool, clear nights. The leaves have been beautiful and we've really been enjoying being back up north. It is starting to get cooler now though. Last week I had to scrape my windshield one morning and last night we had a good frost. The deer and turkeys are out more and we've put an extra blanket on the bed. The signs of winter are becoming more and more visible with each day. Here are some pictures from around Ithaca. I've been trying to get out to the parks several days a week after school. I figure that I better enjoy it now because once the snow comes, a lot of the park trails will be shut down for the rest of the winter.

These are both of Taughannock Falls State Park


Buttermilk Falls State Park

A beautiful sunrise last week


Taughannock


On the drive home to State College two weeks ago

And Miss Myra. We're back to the meds for her. A couple of weeks ago I noticed that she was sneezing again really bad. And as I was calling the vet to get a refill of meds (I had let them run out a few weeks ago to see if she would be ok) I noticed snot on the bathroom sink with blood in it. So I took her back to the vet to get a new analysis. They put her on two different meds - both she takes orally twice a day. I'm getting better about giving it to her, but she just hates it so much. I hate doing it to her (were back to quarentening her into the bathroom, wrapping her in a towel and shoving a syringe down her throat - twice now - and then she spits half of it out) but it really makes such a difference. When I took her almost 1.5 weeks ago, she could barely breathe out of her nose. You could watch her lips puff out every time she breathed out. But when I took her back yesterday for a check-up, she was pretty much back to normal. But now they want us to keep giving her these meds for another 3 weeks and put her on a special diet and then go back for another check-up. I'm so glad that she is getting better, but all this is so stressful to her. I just hate it, but I have to remember that it's for her health, and she deserves to be able to breathe - I can definitely empathize with her after going through so many allergy attacks myself. I just can't imagine having to do this to her for the rest of her life. I think after months of this, her spirit would be really dampened. Just hopefully the diet is the answer and she can come off these prescriptions soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Myra!! I love the pics of the fall trees! It looks so pretty! I really need to visit you!!

Anonymous said...

Poor Myra!! I love the pics of the fall trees! It looks so pretty! I really need to visit you!!