Thursday, July 19, 2007

Arts Fest Once Again!

Last weekend we traveled home to State College, PA. This is one of my favorite times of the year - Arts Fest. The downtown and campus gets covered in booths of fine arts and crafts, food and live music. It can be a really fun time. Unfortunately we made it into town late Saturday night, so we only had Sunday to enjoy it, but we got to see the whole thing. Of course my favorite stand was a papercutting stand. The lady was really nice and had some good advice about mounting papercuts. Here is here website: www.jupisart.com
I had actually seen one of her pieces when Mike and I went to a traveling papercutting show in Rockville, MD (about 2 yrs. ago.) I thought it was so awesome that I took a picture of it:

She mounts the cutting onto plexiglass in a shadow box type frame - such a neat result. She actually owns her own framing studio in Harrisburg.

Here is the sand sculpture (they do one every year). This one was named "Classic Toys."

Our nephews were also in town for this whole week. We also got to see David & Jeannie real quick on Sunday before they headed home.

We had some fun times together with Evan and Conell. We miss them already!


On Monday, Mike and I took Evan for a hike "in the woods" at Alan Seeger Natural Area. This is one of Mike and I's favorite spots. It's actually an old growth forest with a ton of wild rhododendrons growing - so beautiful!

I guess we did a good job :)

We also got to catch up with Tim, Louie, Jim, and finally got to meet Jim's girlfriend Jess. Zeno's did the job - good times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That papercutting is awesome! I can't belive how detailed it is! I saw a laser paper cutter at wal mart the other day and it made me think of you, it was $300. I would have bought it for you, but I am broke! Love the blog!!

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure it was a "real laser cutter" I will go and check it out this weekend and get back to you. It was in the Milford Wal-Mart in the arts and crafts section. I think there were a couple of them. I will let you know!