Monday, June 23, 2008

Truckin

So much is going on - I just wanted to post a couple of quick things.

First of all - our internet stopped working over the weekend. We were going to get it fixed but then decided that since we are going to be out of our apartment within a week - that would be silly. So if you send us emails - we might not be getting them. (I'm in our gym right now.) If you really need us - just call :)

On the house front - we still do not have a closing date. The owners are siding the garage right now with hopes of it being done this week. We then need to wait for a new inspection and assessment to be done, then a date can be set about a week after that. There is a chance that we can move our stuff into the garage, but we'll see if that works out. For now, our plan is to move all our stuff next Saturday - either to the garage or rent a storage unit. Then we will be completely out of our apartment by the 30th. It is looking like we will be staying with some friends over the next couple of weeks. We are so grateful for all of the wonderful and kind offers that we have received for places to stay.

Next up, it was the Ithaca Festival this past weekend. Mike and I had to work most of the time but I got to go to the opening parade on Thursday and then we both went to it yesterday for a few hours.


It was raining - it seems to rain almost every year. Luckily it wasn't as bad as last year's rain. Here I am with Nicole - we were twins :)

Yesterday was a big day at the Festival. There was an attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the World's largest peace sign. The decision isn't in yet - but as far as we know, we did it. The largest known sign was 2,500 people - we had around 5,814. here is an article on it from the Ithaca Journal. They're going to post something on Youtube in the next couple of weeks.

There I am! Can you see me?




Ithaca Beer had a tent set up there. Mike wasn't going to work at it but after the huge rush from the peace sign, he couldn't resist stepping in.
All of the plates, silverware and cups at the festival were recyclable and or compostable. Ithaca is really good at making this happen with most of their big events. Here is my Ithaca beer - Partly Sunny, in my compostable cup with my bean from the count for the peace sign. :)

And onto the saddest news of the week. Last Wednesday, I was heading to work in the morning when I got into a car accident. I was making a left turn onto a main road and a woman ran a red light and tore off the front bumper of my Scarlet :(. I was really sad about it and it's been a big pain. At least no one was hurt though and it really could have been much worse. I can still drive it and thankfully for a witness, the other person's insurance should be covering the whole thing. It just couldn't have happened at a worse time. Anyway - what can you do? Just move on and stay positive - although I must admit that my positive vibes are running low.


Well, I hope that everyone reading this is doing good! If you're going to be in Ithaca next Saturday - you are more than welcomed to come to our "moving party :)" Should be loads of fun! Also, don't mail us anything either. I'm in the process of getting a PO box and don't have the address yet. As you may have guessed - since we won't be in the house for a little while, we can't get mail there.

PEACE OUT!

No comments: