Sunday, June 15, 2008

On the Move

So much to update on, so little time...but I'm gonna try :)

We've begun our packing finally. Some of you may be wondering why we're so late in this process but it's because we've had some set backs with our house purchase. To make a LONG story very short, we've been having issues with the garage not being sided. Our bank feels that it should be before they approve us, so we've been going through so many different scenarios to get the thing done. As it has turned out, the owners have finally agreed to do it themselves and should hopefully have it done within the next week. Our hope is that we will still be able to get in by the end of the month (since we have to be out of our apartment then.)

Anyhooo, it's been an adventure, an emotional roller coaster, and we still aren't positive that the whole thing will go through. But we're keeping our spirits up and staying positive about it all. It really helps to have the packing underway. It makes it feel more real - and we're getting super excited to make our final move, at least our last move for several years!

So I realized that I never posted pictures of our apartment after we moved in. I know it's kind of late, but here are some before and NOW pictures of our place - for those who never made it :)

Our living room (my mini-papercutting gallery :)

now!

More living room - the beast - want to come help us move???

Abner! More living room - you can see our balcony.
.

Dining room - kitchen on the left

Kitchen
More kitchen :)
And more kitchen!

My tribute to Delaware - plover papercutting, great blue heron & a going away gift of the towers found on the shore of DE.

Tiny bath

Before

After

Guest room before

now :) - did I mention that we have a little bit of stuff to move?

So I hope you enjoyed the tour (sorry I didn't get pictures of our bedroom - it's way too much of a disaster zone). Stay tuned for the new set up :)

1 comment:

Joy said...

I see you are on your way out! I wish you the best in settling in your new home!

JOY