Saturday, June 2, 2007

Ithaca Festival

We recently learned of The Ithaca Festival, which is happening this weekend. It started Thursday evening with a parade and then goes Fri & Sat downtown Ithaca and then Sunday at a local park. So far I've been really pleased and impressed. It took a while to figure out the main attractions, but it's basically a VERY small Arts Festival (State College version). Lots of performances, food and craft tents. My kind of fun. Although I'm feeling sad because I really need to be working on my Peninsula nature signs, so I'm sitting in the library downtown just dreaming about what's happening outside. I should probably just give up working, but I really need to get some hours in. So I'm writing in the blog as procrastination - ah, how typical!
Oh well, at least there is tomorrow, and we hear that it's actually a better time on Sunday in the park. So off to work - here are some pictures of the events so far.

The parade!
A big compost worm!

It was threatening thunderstorms the entire day, but we decided to brave it and still go to the parade. We actually saw most of it, but then the skies burst open and it was a torrential downpour! Quite a sight to see everyone make a dash for it - running, screaming and laughing - good times all around!


A view of the craft tents downtown.

3 comments:

Peong said...

The expressions on your faces in those soaking wet in car pictures are funny! I'm glad you guys seem to be enjoying Ithaca.

Anonymous said...

That is a great look for you two!!

Joy said...

hey you need to update your blog, sorry if I am being a pest