Sunday, June 15, 2008

Oh yeah!

I'm sure I'm just procrastinating about packing now, but I wanted to show two papercuttings that I just got done.

This first one was for our friend Kirk who got married last year in CA. We weren't able to make it to the wedding, but I still wanted to make them a papercutting. Unfortunately, my slackerness set in for this one and I didn't cut it until about 3 months ago. And THEN, I slacked off even more and didn't get it framed until last weekend. But it finally got in the mail and hopefully has reached them safely by now (a few days after their one year anniversary). I really liked the final product though - can you find the koala bear?


Then this one is for a girl who is actually working with me this summer. I gave it to her as a thank you and also a congratulations for graduating college. She did her internship with me this past Spring semester and worked full-time with no pay! I was so grateful to have her because she really helped me get ready for this summer. Over the semester she developed a Black Bear program, so that's why I did bears. Also, it's kind of hard to tell but this is the first time I mounted a cutting on a clear frame (it's just stuck between two layers of glass). I LOVED the effect - so I think I will be doing more with this style.

AND, as I'm sitting here on the computer this morning, Myra discovered the mattress leaning against the wall and decided it would be a perfect climbing gym. Cats are so silly. Our poor pets are freaked out about all the packing going on, this will be their 8th move in 5 years - I think they are also ready to plant some roots.


No comments: