Saturday, May 10, 2008

Older Than Dirt

Ha ha - just kidding - but I have finally crossed over into my 30's as of the end of March. That's right, I am now the big 3-0!
And I am so grateful because I was able to have such a long stretch of celebrations with so many of my dearest friends and family. It actually started the weekend before in State College when we were home for Easter. We had a fun birthday party/dinner at The Deli with my parent's, Mike's parents and David, Jeannie & the boys. It was really nice.

Then for my actual birthday weekend - two of my most favorite people in the world - Dana & Bret - came up from Delaware and spent the whole weekend with us! It was such a special treat to have them here with us, and they brought their new puppy pug - Teva with them. She is the sweetest little girl!

So Saturday we all got together with Mike and Nicole and went to the winery where Nicole works - Lucas Vineyards. We had a special tasting and mini tour of the facility. The wine was fabulous!!


Mike, Nicole, Mike, Chris, Teva, Bret, Dana

After our wine visit we headed over to Bill and Patina's house where Patina cooked the most fantastic dinner for us all. It was just a fun evening of great food, drinks and hilarious conversations :)

Mike even baked me a cake!! We brought it with us and by the end of the evening, we all felt no need for plates, so we just dug in. Then, and I can't say how it all came to be, a cake eating contest developed between Mike, Patina, Mike and Nicole. Quite the sight to say the least :)

And then things got really silly when Bill and Patina busted out these funny masks. There is no way to not laugh when you look at someone with one of these things on! Here's Mike and me :)
Too funny!! It was a great evening to say the least!

Then on Sunday, we got together for breakfast with Dana, Bret, Mike, Nicole, Ryan & Sarah. We went to the ABC Cafe, which was a really neat place.
Afterwards we went downtown for a little and then eventually had to say our good-byes to Dana & Bret.

It was a great birthday and I thank everyone for making it such a fun time!!!

No comments: