Saturday, December 1, 2007

Finger Lakes National Forest

A few weeks back, after school, I decided to go and check out some of the Finger Lakes National Forest. It was so beautiful. There was this beautiful lake, trails, campsites, and of course it helped that it was a perfect afternoon.


As I was walking around the lake, I saw this huge pile of sticks, packed down with mud. I didn't really stop at first, but then I thought, that's kind of strange. Once I had a closer look, it was a beaver lodge! How exciting! I might have seen a beaver in the wild before, but I just can't remember, so I am bound and determined to see one. I'm always where they are, but they never show their faces. Feels like one of those "world against me" kind of deals - do they really exist? I'm still hoping, but this day didn't deliver. Anyway, I did see some really neat SIGNS of ACTIVE beavers - so it was still pretty cool.





No comments: