Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Laser Cutter Contest

As most of you know, I LOVE papercutting and have had thoughts of someday turning my focus more towards it. Well, another dream I have also had is to own a laser cutter to help me with this goal. Owning a laser cutter would enable me to make mass cuttings and sell them at cheaper prices, that way I could have the originals, but also sell duplicates more economically. Problem is that laser cutters are extremely expensive and we just don't have the funds to make that happen right now. BUT, I recently came across a contest to win a laser cutter and decided to enter. It is through this awesome website called Instructables. It basically is a website dedicated to projects. People post instructions on how to do something/anything. It's really a neat website because it has everything from crafts to electronics, to cooking and finding 4leaf clovers. So I highly recommend checking the site out, just for the sake of it. BUT, while you are there, you can also check out the two instructables that I created for the contest. My first attempt was how to make my flower pens. So the secret is out - you can all now know how they are done and mass produce. But I also just did one yesterday on papercut ornaments. I was pretty happy with how they came out.
So, I just wanted to share them with you all, and if you felt like checking them out, I think it looks good to have comments and ratings, so please feel free to leave some comments and check the rating boxes. I would be so appreciative! I know that there are a lot of entries, but I just felt that I had to at least give it a try, how often do you see a contest for a laser cutter - I felt inspired!
Here are the links: Flower Power & Nature Spinners
I also have them on the sidebar of this blog.
Thank you to everyone who writes a comment!!! (Unfortunately you do need to create an account to leave a comment, but they are very good about not sending you spam, and you can always unsubscribe right away. But I'll understand if you don't want to sign-up)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Chris your project ideas always amazed me and I always wanted to know how you made those christmas ornaments! They look great. I can't wait to try to make some. Do you have any good crafts to make out of sea shells? I find a ton on the beach and I have no clue what to do with them all. I want to make something out of them so they are not just sitting in a basket.

Chris and Mike said...

Thank you to all who added a comment to my instructables. Who knows what will happen, but it makes my heart smile to know that I have such strong supporters!