Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Changing Positions Again!

Things have been feeling pretty crazy lately, of course that seems to be the norm these past few years. I think that having our internet out really threw me off a bit, but I think I'm recovering now. But the big news at the moment is that I have switched positions with the NYS parks and am now a naturalist with the interpretive department. My first day was last Thursday and so far it is a great position! Right now I'm training, which basically means that I get to go to other people's programs and observe what's done. And I love it!! I've gotten to go on 3 gorge hikes that I have never seen and also go to a stream study and a frog program. Good Times!!! I'll keep training the rest of this week and then by Saturday I will start leading my own programs. I'm going to be working Tues-Sat & Wed & Fri nights. So that's pretty good. Mike still gets his weekends off, so we at least will always have Sundays off together. But it's a nice change - I get to be outdoors and I get to do fun things, so I for sure cannot complain. Here are just a couple of pictures from the hikes I've gotten to go on. I will actually be at Buttermilk Falls most of the time (which I didn't get any pictures of) but I will very soon. These parks are so amazing. And right when I think I've seen most of the beauty of the area, I discover something new which is completely awesome!

Watkins Glen State Park (above)

And the rest of the pictures are from Robert H. Treman State Park - this place just blew me away!!!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so pretty!! It almost beats our trip to the badlands!