Thursday, May 3, 2007

DMV

"I've been to hell. I spell it...i spell it dmv
Anyone that's been there knows precisely what I mean......"

OK, so I don't know if most people know these lyrics but they're from a Primus song called DMV. I always can't help but to sing this song to myself when we make (what seems to be too often) our trip to the DMV. This, by far, is my most dreaded part of moving. I just hate the forms, the run-arounds, the mean attitudes, and feelings of helplessness. So after going through the usual trials of figuring out what to do, who to contact, and who to beg for the right information, we finally made it to the local office on Tuesday. BUT....to both of our surprises, we got a great attendant and had quite a smooth run. And an hour later we walked out with our new plates and new licenses. (Although I had forgotten how far NY has fallen behind with their DMV technology - we only get paper licenses and will receive the real deal in the mail in a few weeks.) Anyway, it feels good to have that done, now we only have to get them inspected, AND THEN we'll be true NY residents!

Abner checking out Flash - he was pretty intrigued.

Here are some turkeys out in the back. I think they were going about their spring business :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope your first day of work was a good one! Your blog continues to be very pleasant to read! Nene told me she checks it several times a week so I better hop to it! Love, Mum