Monday, February 16, 2009

First Things First

Why, hello there dear friends! It's been quite awhile since I last stopped by here - I hope you didn't miss us too much :)! There has been soo much that has happened since I last posted in November. I'll try and get as much in as I can to catch you all up!

But first things first, the biggest news that has happened is that Mike and I have entered into the zone of "expecting," as in a baby! We found out that I was pregnant back in October - and it was quite an exciting discovery! We've now been together for about 13 years and married for a good 6 years, so I guess it was about time (at least some would say :).

Well, as I'm sure you can imagine, this news has been very life changing and we are still taking it all in. The due date is around mid to late June, so it should be nice to have a summer baby. My pregnancy so far has been super smooth, I feel WAY lucky!! I have had zero sickness (related to the pregnancy) and have felt really great overall. The only thing that I noticed in the first trimester was how extremely tired I was. But now that has turned around and I have a lot of my energy back again.

Here was a picture we took at 9 weeks :) I guess it's more of a memento of how I used to look. It's amazing how long ago that now feels.

We were able to have an ultrasound done at 11 weeks. They said that the baby was around the size of a fig at that point, so we ended up calling it Figgy for awhile. The doctor's office that we go to has an ultrasound machine that can do 3-D images. It was so cool to be able to see it. The images definitely helped us to understand that this is really happening!

At this point, we are at 22 weeks and they say the baby is about a pound in weight and around 11 inches in length! Quite amazing how quick they grow!

OK, that's all on baby for now but I will definitely be adding more soon!

No comments: