Sunday, January 27, 2008

Christmas in Pittsburgh '07

Every year my mom's side of the family gets together around the weekend before Christmas. Since my grandparents passed away, we alternate where the location will be. This year it was in Pittsburgh and my Aunt Pat & Uncle Bob hosted it. They held it at their church gathering room and it was so much fun. We were able to spend the whole weekend together - ten families (although my one cousin Dan and his family wasn't able to make it due to sickness). But it was a great time - good company - good food - and amazing crafts! I'm going to dedicate an entire post to the holiday crafts from this past year - but in short - each of our families exchange a handmade craft each year. Mine was the garland (see previous post), but just wait till you see all the other things people came up with - it was awesome - as always :)

Here's the whole clan (minus 5 from my cousin & fam.) It's my mom and her brother and sister and then their families. Altogether - we're at 36!

These are some duct tape pouches that I made for all the kids - I added their initials to each one and then had some foam stickers that they could put on them.

Each year, my Uncle Bob dresses up as Santa and is called PapPooh Claus. Everyone loves him and he truly brings joy to us all!



Putting stickers on the pouches

A couple of the kids (Lindsay, Emily, Rebecca, Mark & Monica). They're getting so big! These gals were a few of the girls in our wedding as our flower girls. Crazy :)

We actually left a little early on Sunday because they were calling for a NE storm. Luckily the roads were fine until we got about a half hour out of Ithaca. The snow is so pretty - we are dying for a real storm!!!

No comments: