Monday, October 20, 2008

Home Update

AND finally, an update on our progress at home. I can say that I am VERY close to having all boxes unpacked now. I think we're down to about 6, and they are mainly books. So that is an awesome feeling. I even put up some pictures on our walls!

My goal last weekend was to finally get our garage organized. It was where we were storing all of our boxes and trash and such, so it feels so good to finally be able to see the whole thing.

(just one last pile of junk to get rid of)


My garden center :)

Halloween is a fun time to have black cats. I sometimes try to pose the cats with pumpkins, this year ended up with them laying at the end of the table. It's funny to see them doing the same thing though, minutes apart. (Abner above and Myra below)

Before I really got into unpacking the rest of our stuff, I was talking to Mike and couldn't decide whether or not to just unpack everything first and forgo holiday decorations, or just go straight into the decorations. Mike voted for Halloween, so I went all out. It was fun to have everything out again. I don't think that I did too much last year.




Oh yeah, and thinking about fire places, we finally got some wood yesterday, so we should be nice and cozy all winter.


I also finally got Flash into his new home. I've been saying for years now that once we get a house I'm going to get him a new tank and filter. So Mike got me a filter for my birthday and we got the new tank about a month ago. This is a HUGE improvement for both him and me. He now has tons of room for swimming (he's a super, strong swimmer), and the filter is so great! The old filter that we had was really crappy and made for a small fish tank. I had to clean it at least twice a week and completely clean the tank once a week (which was an hour long process, take all the water out, wash the tank, clean everything in it and then put new water in.) But now, I haven't had to do anything and we're going on two weeks! I am soooo excited, and so is Flash!

I also transformed his old tank stand into a nice table in the sun room. Perfect!


And here is another fun addition to our home. Mike got a pool table a few weeks ago. $50 off Craig's List - we couldn't turn it down. It's not full sized but it's in great shape and does the job. Add that to the dart board and kegerator, the basement's not too shabby.

Rainbow leaves on our red maple out front.

Abner being a love-bug.

No comments: