Monday, February 18, 2008

Ithaca Beer Bowling Party!

Let's see, I guess it was about a week and a half ago, Ithaca Beer Co. had the holiday party for their employees. (See, I'm not the only one behind on this holiday stuff :) It was a bowling party and we went to a bowling alley on Cornell's campus. This place is awesome, it's old school - no computers keeping score for you here - it's all done by hand. I personally like it better this way because you play by the hour and not the game. That way you can free-bowl as much as you like. Take practice rolls and just mess around. It was so much fun because we hadn't gone bowling for so long!
For those of you who don't know, I used to work at the bowling alley in State College - I wore many hats there - but my most prized position was as a mechanic. It was such a great experience and I learned so much. I really got into the "bowling scene." And although I never became a good bowler, it's still so much fun to go bowling. The sights, smells, sounds - it's a full-bodied experience :). The machines they had there were the same as the ones I used to work on, just a bit older. I was hoping for a tour, but it just didn't work out. But I can say now, with much confidence that we will definitely be heading back there in the very near future. Anyway, here are some goofy pictures from the night.

Yay - Presents! Dan got everyone some new gear. Mike and Chief got these cool overalls!

Then the guys on the bottling line got these coveralls - here's Zach being crazy as usual.

This is Mari (Dan's wife) with two of their kids - Kelsey & Skylar
(I think that's how to spell all their names :)

Here's Kelsey getting ready to bowl!

Alex & Denise

Patina & Bill

Zach, Bill, Alex, Jim, Amanda, Mike

Heather, Ginalola, Zach

Chris & Patina intently keeping score

Bill & Mike go head to head

Hi Heather! (Chief's wife)

I made friends with Dan and Mari's kids, Kelcey & Skylar

Kelcey, Chris, Skylar, Zach, Mike & Bill (Denise in the back)

Bill and Chris bowling
(if you look closely at this picture - you will see that I have super powers!)

Dan going for the strike - yes, he got it :)
Thanks Dan & Mari!!

No comments: