Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!!

WE'RE BAAAACK!!

Yes, it is true, I have made the decision to pick up blogging again! I've been missing it for the last two years and decided to treat myself to getting back into it. I've kept journals off and on since my childhood and never really thought that blogging would be for me. But once a dear friend of mine started one I found myself becoming addicted to it. I would check it everyday just hoping to find new pictures or read of something they've been up to (she lives in FL so it was so nice to be able to stay in touch on another level besides random phone calls.) But then the inevitable happened, life...and blogging had to take a back seat. I remember continuing to check it everyday but as the time passed I knew that the chances were more and more slim that I would find something new.

So taking some time to evaluate why I was obsessed with her blog I decided that there was no need to become frustrated with not getting my "fix" I could take matters into my own hands and create my own blog. Nature, Papercuts & Brew was born and I LOVED doing it! I found writing very rewarding and it was especially nice since we didn't live near anyone we knew. I found it to be a nice way to keep in touch (this was before Facebook :). However, life caught up to us too. Teagan was born and that was pretty crazy. Then balancing work and family proved to be an even bigger challenge. THEN we decided to completely uproot ourselves and move from Ithaca back to State College. Teagan was only 6months old when we made the decision and, well, fast-forward another year and here we are. I'm sure not anywhere near "settled" but at least gaining ground and feeling closer to that goal. I see this coming year as being equally busy or even more but I am going to try my best to continue to blog.

Another part of my New Year's Resolutions is to spend less time on Facebook. I admit, I am a bit obsessed at times, looking at it multiple times a day. I find hours just slipping through the cracks and this has contributed to my feelings of not accomplishing enough. So less time on FB and more time blogging. It's a strange swap (still computer time) but at least with blogging I can feel like I'm accomplishing something. I look back on the past couple of years from our blog and it's such a fun reminder of what all we did. It's like having an on-line scrapbook. Also, I mentioned that I'm going to "treat" myself to blogging again. That is the truth. I really enjoy doing this, so why deny myself that happiness? I guess I've always been brought up to work first and then play, I used to put blogging into the "play" category. Not that it will change into a "work" category now, but something that is necessary to keep me happy. My problem is that I can never see the end of "work" so I never get to the "play". Does that make sense? I guess what I'm trying to say is that I am making time for myself, doing something that I really like to do and I'm going to do that at least once a week. I deserve it! :)
(Not that I needed to defend why I'm going to blog again, but it feels good to say it.)

So onto happenings. Here is another dilemma that I constantly put onto myself...how far back should I go with what I post about?? I'd like to pick up from the last post and do a brief catch-up, but just the thought of that is way too overwhelming. So I'll just start new :)

Here is Teagan this morning. Happy and wanting to sing the alphabet song. She doesn't say a ton of words yet but she's getting close. Loves to say "NO" and is finding ways to make her needs and wants known. Just this past week she seems to have really discovered her strength and ability to climb. Shes climbing the furniture and even got up onto a kitchen chair all by herself. It's really giving me a taste of reality and what's to come!


Here is another "taste" of the New Year! Mike's family tradition of the Worski. I won't elaborate too much on what is in it but it's ridiculous and at times is referred to as "The Widow Maker." Need I say more? But once you see and taste the Worski, you know that a new year has arrived. :)

And look! Teagan is ready to give it a try! I think you need to open up a little wider! :)
Just kidding. She was singing her ABC's :)

Happy New Year and keep checking back because there will be more!

2 comments:

Scott said...

Welcome back to the blogging world - the Worski looked great, but I suspect Teagan didn't find too many of the ingredients satisfying.

betsy said...

you're back! yay! i love reading your blog, and i am feeling inspired to join you in restarting my blog too. once a week sounds like a good goal. thank you for the inspiration and for sharing. i agree that it is important to nurture ourselves, play, so that we are able to do better quality work in the world. down time is important!