Saturday, September 15, 2007

Back in Time

I just got these pictures from Teri so I thought that I would share. Over Labor Day weekend, Mike, Teri and I went to Keuka Lake to visit with family, to celebrate Mike and Ryan's birthdays, and to do some relaxing at the Tree House. Teri had never been to Keuka so it was the perfect chance for her to check it out. We all had a really nice time. There was a pretty large crowd - Scott & Roxie, Ryan and some of his friends from high school, their three dogs, Toni & Walt (Mike's Aunt & Uncle), and then the three of us. Only one missing was Sarah :( She had gone home to Atlanta for a week! Although I'm sure she was having fun being back for a visit - she was definitely missed!Here is Teri & I getting back from a kayaking ride. Scott & Roxie just got these kayaks this summer. They are soooo much fun! Mike and I would love to get two for ourselves someday.

The weather was perfect! Here is a pretty view off the porch of the Tree House.
On our way home, we stopped at the Garrett Memorial Chapel on the bluff of Keuka Lake. This is such a beautiful building (we had even considered getting married here at one point.) It was created in 1931 by Paul and Evelyn Garrett so that they could honor their son Charles' dying wish "to go home to Bluff Point." Charles Garrett passed away in 1929 at the age of 26 from tuberculosis.
Here's Teri and I enjoying the view at the chapel.

No comments: